1. The Club shall be known as the Abingdon & District Model Railway Club (ADMRC).
1 b. The Abingdon and District Model railway Club Ltd (ADMRC Ltd) is a subsidiary company associated with the Club. Whilst ADMRC Ltd is in existence every paid up member of the Club automatically becomes a member of the Ltd Company. ADMRC Ltd will appoint its own Directors and manage its affairs in accordance with prevailing Company legislation.
2a. To provide help and encouragement for the members in the enjoyment of the hobby of railway modeling.
2b. To encourage interest by the wider public, including young people, in railway modeling, the associated skills and knowledge of railways.
3. There shall be two classes of membership. Full membership is open to individuals and shall have full voting rights. Family membership is open to persons of the same family and living at the same address and shall have a single full voting right.
4. A full member who joined before 1st July 2004 and has been a continuous member since may claim a concessionary subscription of half the full rate if not in full time employment at the discretion of the Committee. A family membership may claim a concessionary rate of half of the family rate if all of the family members are not in full employment at the discretion of the Committee.
5. Young people are permitted in the clubroom at the discretion of the Committee if accompanied by their parent or legal guardian who will remain wholly responsible for them. But if they are under the age of 14years, they may not become an individual member of the Club, although they can be included in Family membership.
6. Applications for membership will be made to the Committee whose decision will be final.
7. The entire management of the Club including all dealings with the Club property and funds shall be assigned to a Committee consisting of the Chairman, a Deputy Chairman, a Secretary and a Treasurer and up to 5 other members. Not less than half of the full Committee shall constitute a quorum provided that one of such is the Chairman, Deputy Chairman, Secretary or Treasurer.
8. The officers of the Club shall be as follows:- A Chairman, a Deputy Chairman, a Secretary and a Treasurer who shall be serving members of the Committee and who shall be elected to office in accordance with the rules governing election to the Committee. The Committee shall have powers to co-opt members at any time for specific purposes.
9. The Secretary shall conduct the correspondence of the Club and shall be responsible for the control of all documents belonging to the Club, keeping full and correct minutes of all proceedings.
9b. The committee shall nominate a club member to maintain the roll of members which shall specify the name and address of the member, unless the Secretary shall be notified otherwise by such member. The Roll of members shall be posted on the Club notice board on the first day of September and the first day of March each year.
10. The Treasurer in conjunction with a Book keeper, shall keep the accounts of the Club and shall make up the annual statement of accounts and balance sheets to the 31st May in each year, which shall be presented for approval by the committee.
11. The Club accounts having been approved by the committee and signed by the Chairman of the meeting shall be presented to all members at the Annual General Meeting in June.
12. The amount of membership subscription shall be determined at the Annual General Meeting.
13. The financial year of the Club shall commence on the first day of June.
14. Subscriptions may be paid monthly or bi-annually. Monthly:-Monthly subscriptions are due on the first day of each month and may only be paid by Bankers Standing Order. Biannual subscriptions are due on the first day of January and July. Persons wishing to join the Club in months other than January or July will pay a pro-rata subscription.
Members who have not fully paid their subscriptions within one month of the due date will be notified by the subscription Secretary in writing that full payment is due within the next 28 days. Similarly, members paying via the bi-annual method will need to rectify arrears when notified by the subscription Secretary. At this stage the subscription Secretary will inform the Committee Chairman of the situation.
Failure to rectify the default within the 28 days will automatically render loss of membership. During the above-mentioned period, the member cannot compete for any club prizes or award. In addition, the following will not be available; to vote at any meeting, stand for or represent the club as a member, a Committee member or Company Director of ADMRC Ltd. Should a members financial circumstances change they should advise the subscription Secretary in order that some alternative arrangements may be agreed, after consultation with the Committee.
15. Any member whose conduct in the opinion of the Committee renders them unfit for membership shall be liable to expulsion. Such member shall be notified of their liability to expulsion and shall have the right to appear before the Committee to explain their conduct. In the event of the Committee resolving to expel a member from the Club such member shall have the right of appeal to an Appeals Panel (consisting of at least 3 club members who have previously held elected officer posts within the committee) within twenty eight days of their expulsion. A majority of two thirds of the Appeals Panel shall be required to confirm the expulsion. Should the appellant fail to attend the set Appeals Panel meeting and also fail to inform the Committee that they will not be able to attend, the majority vote of two thirds of the Appeals Panel shall be required to confirm the expulsion having first been advised of the circumstances surrounding the Committees initial decision to terminate membership. If the expulsion is not confirmed the member shall be reinstated.
16. Any member expelled in accordance with the rules or otherwise ceasing to be a member of the Club shall forfeit all such rights to or claim upon the Club or its property or funds or any other benefit of membership as he/she would have by reason of membership.
17. On the recommendation of the Committee honorary members may be elected at any General Meeting of the Club over and above the compliment of ordinary members. A two thirds majority of the members present shall be necessary to effect such election. Honorary members may be elected for life or for such other period as the General Meeting shall deem expedient. They shall be entitled to all privileges of membership except that they shall not be entitled to vote at a meeting or serve on the Committee, but they may compete for cups and other awards.
18. The Annual General Meeting of the Club shall be held each year at the end of June and any other General Meeting (EGM) shall be convened by direction of the Committee or at the written request of not less than 5 members who shall communicate such request to the Secretary. Any Extraordinary General Meeting shall be held between twenty and twenty eight days after publication to members of the date, time, place and agenda of the proposed meeting. Members shall be advised one month before the AGM or an EGM that postal votes are available to members who will not be able to attend said meeting. These should be dispatched to the requesting members one week before the meeting with all known nominees or proposals at that time. The completed postal votes should be returned to the Secretary prior to the meeting (by hand or e-mail) and the secretary shall enter these votes in confidence.
19. The Committee is empowered to make, repeal and amend such rules as they may from time to time consider necessary for the well being of the Club. Said rules, repeals and amendments shall remain in effect until otherwise determined by the Committee or a quorum at a General Meeting which shall consist of one third of the total paid up membership of the Club at the date of the meeting.
20. Should the Club cease to function then the future of the Club, ADMRC Ltd and its assets shall be determined by a General Meeting.
21. Every member shall be bound by and submit to the rules of the Club.
Revised November 2009